Want to know more?
The Truck Buyers Guide is a good start to getting to know the basics. There is a lot more information which can help you, especially around the environmental issues.
Fleet Environmental Programs around the world—what other governments are doing
- SmartWay—US Environmental Protection Authority sponsored website.
- Freight Best Practice—UK website funded by the Department for Transport containing information for the freight industry covering topics such as saving fuel, developing skills, equipment and systems, operational efficiency and performance management.
- FleetSmart—program offered by Natural Resources Canada introducing fleets to energy-efficient practices that can reduce fuel consumption and emissions
- Carbon Trust—Carbon Management information, toolkits for businesses and individuals.
Industry Bodies—representing the trucking industries.
- National Road Transport Operators Association
- Australian Trucking Association
- Australian Road Transport Suppliers Association
- Australian Logistics Council
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Logistics Association of Australia
- Supply Chain and Logistics of Australia
- Australian Furniture Removers Association
- Australian Livestock and Rural Transporters’ Association
- South Australian Road Transport Association (SARTA)
- Western Australia Road Transport Association
- Queensland Trucking Association (QTA)
- Transport Workers Union of Australia
- Transport Women Australia Limited
- Australian Trucking Association New South Wales
- Northern Territory Transport Association
- Truck Industry Council
- Victorian Transport Association