About the Truck Buyers Guide
The Truck Buyers Guide is a joint Victorian, NSW and Australian Government initiative to promote the understanding and uptake of low emission small trucks. Research for the guide was undertaken by Saha International.
Choosing a small truck can be a complicated exercise—this guide is here to help you understand the things you should look for and help you choose a truck with the best fuel economy.
Who should use the guide?
The guide can be used by anyone operating a commercial vehicle, but has been designed mainly for:
- Larger businesses operating small rigid trucks (i.e. gross vehicle mass of 3.5–12 tonnes)
- Small businesses who are not in transport specifically, but use a truck as a part of their work (e.g. builders, food wholesalers, furniture removal companies, local councils).
How to use the Guide:
The guide is divided into two main sections:
- A quick Interactive Overview, with a summary of key things to look for when specifying your truck
- A Step by Step Guide to small truck specification with information that will take you through the truck selection process
We would like to thank the following organisations for their assistance and support:
- Australia Post
- The Australian Trucking Association
- TNT Australia
- Hino Australia
- Adtrans Hino Mascot