Want to know more?
The Truck Buyers Guide is a good start to getting to know the basics. There is a lot more information which can help you, especially around the environmental issues.
Fleet Environmental Programs around the world—what other governments are doing
- SmartWay—US Environmental Protection Authority sponsored website.
- Carbon Trust—Carbon Management information, toolkits for businesses and individuals.
Industry Bodies—representing the trucking industries.
- National Road Transport Operators Association
- Australian Trucking Association
- Australian Road Transport Suppliers Association
- Australian Logistics Council
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Supply Chain and Logistics of Australia
- Australian Furniture Removers Association
- Australian Livestock and Rural Transporters’ Association
- South Australian Road Transport Association (SARTA)
- Queensland Trucking Association (QTA)
- Transport Workers Union of Australia
- Transport Women Australia Limited
- Road Freight New South Wales
- Northern Territory Transport Association
- Truck Industry Council
- Victorian Transport Association
- Land Transport New Zealand—Heavy Vehicle Selection Guide , accessed July 2008
- Australian Trucking Association—Owner Driver Booklet 2007, accessed July 2008